contact: nikolasthelabel@gmail.com
IG: @nico.rozu

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Uomo

Vintage Bomber Jacket,  American Apparel t-shirt, Vintage shorts, Dr Martens Boots

I’ve been thinking a lot lately, the definition of masculinity and what it means to be a man. Growing up with instilled illustrations of traditional gender roles where toughness and ruggedness was physically associated with male imagery. I’m not a fanatic when it comes to sports. Never have been.  Of course, I’m a geek, and not being into sports is almost part of the definition of being a geek. The dichotomy of the jock/nerd ‘theory’ has led to ideas which heavily define masculinity. Strength, in my opinion, comes from within. It isn’t loud and impetuous, it’s quiet. I’ve never thought of needing to prove its existence because it doesn’t require the validation of others to exist. Strength to me is not being afraid to be vulnerable or to present your authentic self, to conquer and face challenges to the end even at the risk of failure. The ancient model hurts figuratively. It’s time for a change.


No comments:

Post a Comment